Our Location and How To Get Here
Encanta La Vida Lodge
We can help coordinate your travel arrangements so your in transit experience is as smooth as possible.
Step 1): Travel arrangements to the capital city of San Jose can be made with many major airlines.
Step 2): It is a 7 to 9 hour drive, or a 45 minute flight from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez, the town closest to Encanta la Vida.
Step 3): If flying – Once in Puerto Jimenez, our agent can arrange for a taxi to pick you up at the airport for the 40 minute drive to the Lodge. If driving be sure your vehicle is four wheel drive.
FAQ and packing suggestions
- We are off the grid / having a flashlight is important
- Bring (1) flashlight or headlamp per person and extra batteries
- It gets dark between 5:30pm and 6:00pm everyday
CAMERAS / BINOCULARS
- Pack ’em! and, remember to bring the cables/batteries that charge them!
- The Reception area at the lodge has a power strip dedicated to charging electronic devices
- There is a SAFE in each room to secure your belongings.
THINK CASUAL, QUICK-DRY ATTIRE
- Pack quick dry shorts/shirts/skorts, swimsuits/board shorts, lightweight pants/sundresses
- Performance fabrics are perfect — think active wear!
- Sunhats, flip flops, water shoes/keens/chocos/tevas, crocs, sneakers
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE
- Generally our weather is 75-90 degrees year-round
- Expect it to be hot, humid with a chance of rain
- The dry season Dec-Apr heats up with less cloud coverage
- The green season May-Nov is cooler with more clouds and rain
- Generally not an issue
- Lemon grass and herbal repellents work for most (if needed at all)
DON’T OVER PACK
- BRING your smile, sense of adventure and your open mind!
- The electrical system at the lodge cannot support heating elements
- NO hairdryers, NO curling irons, NO heating elements of any sort
- The small domestic airlines will penalize you for overweight
- Read the small print on your ticket for baggage policy details.
- It can be a hassle and expensive to fly your board
- Encanta La Vida rents boards for $15/day to in-house guests
- Our quiver features long boards, shorter boards and soft-tops for beginners